Tea Tree Essential Oil
Ways to use:
– To spot treat acne, mix 4-8 drops of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon of a carrier oil such as coconut or jojoba oil and dab lightly onto problem area.
– For an excellent tea tree oil acne face wash, mix 5 drops of tea tree oil with 2 teaspoons of raw honey and apply to face for one minute. Rinse well.
– For the treatment of eczema and psoriasis, mix 5 drops of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 5 drops of lavender oil. Apply the mixture to problem areas like a lotion.
– Several drops of tea tree oil and peppermint oil combined with water makes a refreshing bathroom spray and kitchen cleaner.
– For small cuts and wounds, clean the cut well and apply 1-2 drops of tea tree with a cotton ball directly to the wound.
– Add 5 drops to hot water for a cleansing facial steam.
– Apply 1-2 drops of undiluted tea tree oil to a discolored nail with a cotton swab every day for 3-6 months to relieve toe nail fungus. Be careful of the skin around the nail, as tea tree can be drying and may irritate.
– To help relieve yeast infections mix 5 drops of tea tree essential oil, 5 drops of lavender essential oil and a few drops of distilled water and apply to a cotton ball or cotton pad. Dab onto affected area (not to be used orally, tea tree oil should NOT be ingested).
*As with all of our natural oils and remedies, these essential oils are not intended as a replacement for medical attention or traditional therapies. Each person is different and should do research or consult their physician to find out if a particular support is right for them.